1) Privacy Statement
STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD is committed to respecting and protecting the integrity of your privacy and your personal information collected by Acquire to enable us to provide our services. Our policy applies to all and any personal information which we collect hold or use.
STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD is committed, in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the accompanying Australian Privacy Principles under that Act, to the protection of personal information it collects, holds, uses and discloses.
2) Kinds of personal information we collect
STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD may collect and/or hold personal information of yours, including, but not limited to:
- your name, gender, address, phone number(s), fax number, email address;
- your date of birth;
- payment and billing information;
- information about how you use STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s products and services;
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s products and services;
- your Login Credentials when you sign up for an account on the Website (email address and password);
- your personal preferences regarding particular products and services; and
- your feedback on STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s services.
3) How we collect personal information
In most circumstances, STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD collects personal information directly from you, for example:
- when you contact STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD via telephone, facsimile, email or letter;
- when you subscribe (electronically or otherwise) to any of STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s publications;
- when you create an account on the Website and when you order products or services through that account on the Website;
- when you order products or services from STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD over the telephone;
- when you provide STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD with your details for customer care purposes.
STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD will endeavour to collect personal information about you directly from you and not from third parties. However, from time to time, it may also hold personal information from other sources that has been collected incidentally such as information about individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD. Generally, you will not be obliged to provide STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD with any personal information if requested by STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD or to use the Website. However, if you choose not to provide the information that STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD requests, STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD may not be able to provide you with its products or services. For example, you may not be able to register to create an online account to access some parts of the Website.
4) Purposes for collection of personal information
Under no circumstances will STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD sell or receive payments for licensing or disclosing your personal information. Generally, STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD uses and discloses your information only where reasonably necessary for one or more of the functions and activities connected to the operations of its business, which include:
- supplying you with its products and services as requested;
- handling enquiries, requests, complaints, consumer guarantee and warranty claims and other customer related activities;
- directly marketing its products and services to you and providing advice on our products and services;
- developing and improving our products and services;
- the operation and administration of a Website account that you have with STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD;
- maintaining and developing STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s business relationship with you;
- payment processing;
- corresponding and liaising with companies or organisations with whom STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD has a business relationship and who you are employed by or otherwise represent;
- and other purposes related to the above mentioned which could be reasonably expected by you to be necessary to STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s business (“the Purposes”).
By accessing the Website or STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s other services, you authorise STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD to collect use and disclose your personal information, including any sensitive information, for the Purposes.
Any personal information collected from you or held by STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD may be disclosed to related entities or other persons or body corporates engaged by STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD for, or in relation to, the Purposes. STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD may also provide a third party with statistics regarding shopper statistics provided these statistics do not contain any information that may personally identify an individual. If required by law, or if STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD believes that it is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD may also share your information in a manner consistent with the applicable law.
In the event that STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD or any of its subsidiaries or related entities were to be sold or sell part of its business it may disclose your personal information to the new owner as part of the transfer of the business. In respect of your personal information in the event of a transfer of the company or business, any new owner will be required to abide by this policy as it exists from time to time and the Australian Privacy Principles as they then apply.
If any phone number you have provided to us is registered on the Do Not Call register you consent to STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD or its direct marketing providers calling that number or those numbers.
5) Storage, security and retention of information
6) Choice and opt-out preferences
You may subscribe to STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s email marketing database. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing materials from STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving future communications at any time by means of a link in every broadcast email sent to you by STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD or by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org. STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD will comply with such requests as soon as possible. If you unsubscribe, please note that STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD may still contact you in relation to its on-going relationship with you, for example, if STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD needs to send you any accounts, statements and notices that are relevant any products or services purchased from STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD.
7) Access to and correction of personal information
You have the right to request and to receive, subject to the exceptions in the Australian Privacy Principles, access to personal information held about you. You may request that records be corrected, a third party to be notified of a correction, or that a statement is attached explaining the record. A request for access or correction can be made to the Privacy Officer whose details appear below. A fee may be charged to cover the cost of processing and attending to a request for access. STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD will not charge a fee for the lodgment of a request for access, nor will it charge a fee for a correction request.
8) Links to other websites
STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites that it provides a link to, plugins or widgets from, social media or other sites operated and maintained by third parties over which STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD has no control over. STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD recommends you research these other parties’ privacy policies.
10) Contact us
Can I complain about a breach of my privacy?
We offer a free internal complaint resolution scheme to all of our customers. Should you have a privacy complaint, please contact us so we can try to fix the problem.
To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
- Contact STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD’s Privacy Officer via the contact details outlined above, where your situation will be reviewed and if possible resolved straight away. A quick chat is all that’s required to resolve most issues.
- If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to a senior manager within STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD. We will provide you with the name and contact details of the officer who will investigate your complaint, answer your questions and do all they can to assist you.
What if I am not satisfied with the response?
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to STEM ORGANICS PTY LTD, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
“Personal information” is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be determined.
“Sensitive Information” is personal information concerning your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association
STEM ORGANICS intends to retain and use these details to contact you from time to time with our latest offers.